of Cooperative Housing
Ecovillage, Cooperative Housing, Intentional Community in North Central Texas
The design of ecovillages in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area is happening now. Speak out about what you want. Share your ideas about an ecovillage here.
Directory for Ecovillages, Ecohousing
Joint Venture with Land Owners
Ecovillages in Dallas-Fort Worth
Cohousing in Dallas-Fort Worth
Community in Dallas-Fort Worth
Common Areas of Cohousing & Ecovillages:
What Affects Affordability?
1. Each family has a private home which is normally modest in size with "green" construction saving energy, materials, and money.
2. Private homes are augmented by common facilities which are shared by all residents and include such amenities as a common house, a community garden, common open areas and walking paths, community play and hobby areas, and other features that are important to the residents.
3. The project is designed for community and for individual privacy.
4. Residents manage their project after they move-in and in a few projects, residents manage from the beginning.
5. Leadership is shared by residents. No one person from the community leads the community after move-in, although consultants are often hired during the planning and building stage.
6. The project is not necessarily a source of income for the community, although it can be a minor source of income..
7. There is no shared income in the community--each family has its own outside sources of income.
8. The communities are multi-generational with families, singles, children, and retired persons sharing the same community.
9. Cooperative housing may also be part of an ecovillage.
Please give us your ideas by filling out a quick form here.
Thank you for your help.
Questions? Please come to our next introductory meeting. In the meantime, call metro 972 251-1532 or 817 545-0140 for answers.
A movement back to community?
DFW Net Mall Homepage
Scheduled Meetings are normally
held in Rockwall and Hunt Counties, occasionally in Dallas County
forming in Hunt County
Ecovillage General Information
Renewable Energy in DFW
Copyright © 2005-2012 DFW Ecovillage. All rights reserved.